Monday, September 23, 2013

Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I absolutely love mashed potatoes! And this one is easy to convert to a regular dish too, for those who aren't vegan. 

What you'll need:
1 whole head garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 potatoes, cooked
1/4 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup soy creamer or soy milk
Sea salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Remove outer layer of skin from garlic head. Drizzle generously with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil, and place on baking sheet. Roast in oven for 30 minutes.

3. Gently press cloves out of the skins, and mash smooth with a fork.

4. Using a mixer or a potato masher, combine roasted garlic with potatoes, margarine, and creamer or milk until smooth or desired consistency.

5. Season generously with salt and pepper.

I used a masher for my potatoes and I sprinkled a little nutmeg on top too. I also peeled the potatoes while the oven was preheating and started boiling them around the same time that I put in the garlic. They both finished around the same time (the potatoes took just a bit longer to cook). I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment