Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cheap DIY Halloween Wreath

I know it's only the middle of September, but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. And it's not because of the candy. Decorating for Halloween was something that was instilled in me since I was a young girl...aka, my mom decorates a lot too. Here's a tutorial on how to make a super cheap, kind of creepy, mostly pretty wreath. :)

What you'll need:
A wire hanger
A pool floatie (I call it a noodle)-$.97 from Wal-Mart
Black yarn-$2.00 from Wal-Mart
Black bird with wire in the feet-$1.00 from Dollar Tree
2 pairs of black flowers with spiders-$1.00 from Dollar Tree
Gray creepy wrap-$1.00 from Dollar Tree


Step 1: Unfold wire hanger and untwist the top so it's open. Make it's as straight as possible. Grab your noodle from the past summer. Hold the hanger next to the noodle to get a measurement. Cut a little longer, just in case (I used a ceramic knife to slice mine). Push the hanger inside the noodle and adjust the noodle, if needed. Twist the top of the hanger back together.


Step 2: Wrap your noodle with the yarn. To keep it stuck to the noodle, I used double sided tape. I'm not sure how long the yarn needs to be, I cut all the pieces a little short so it was easier to wrap around. 


Step 3: Put the creepy wrap around the top to cover the ends of the noodle. Add the bird to the inside.


Step 4: Cut up the flowers and stick them into the side with the wrap. I used all six flowers that came on the stems but you can use less, or more if you got more than two pairs. Cut two spiders off (or more) and stick them in in random spots. When you hang it on your wreath holder, bend the top of the hanger over so it doesn't fly away so easily in a gust of wind.


Ta-da! You're all finished, it's looking great! And you don't feel like you broke the bank. ;) Thanks for checking out my first tutorial! Please come back for more! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment